SQL Server Analysis Services, ETL, SQL Server Integration Services, Data Warehousing, T-SQL, Datenbankdesign, IT, Microsoft SQL Server, Informatik, Anwendungsentwicklung, SQL Server Reporting Services, Datenauswertung, Implementierung, Geoinformationssysteme, Monitoring
Data warehouse developer (application development clerk) (m / f / d) full-time / part-time
Berlin Police Dir ZS IKT
The Berlin Police is a significant, versatile and secure employer with approximately 26,000 employees. In addition to our approximately 21,000 police officers and trainees, around 5,000 colleagues from a wide range of professions and specialties ensure Berlin's security every day and professionally fulfill the diverse tasks as the capital's police force.
Help make Berlin safe and become part of the team.
The Central Service Directorate for Information and Communication Technology, with approximately 500 employees, is responsible for the planning, procurement, development and operation of police information and communication technology.
Join our diverse team and let us benefit from your expertise in IT. We are looking for you, to start as soon as possible, as a
Data Warehouse Developer
Application development clerk) Reader Service Code : 2-043-23
Remuneration group : E 11 TV-L
Full-time with 39.4 hours per week (part-time employment is possible if necessary)
Location : Platz der Luftbrücke 6, 12101 Berlin (with very good transport connections).
Your field of work :
The main tasks are the optimization and development of police-specific applications for the evaluation of database information (data warehouse).
The goal is to gain insights into preventive and repressive crime fighting through the automated evaluation of data in order to optimize it in a targeted manner.
Your tasks :
- You will ensure the operation of the existing data warehouse through automation and monitoring.
- You are further responsible for the coordination with the relevant departments on the further development of the data warehouse and the subsequent implementation, integration and documentation.
- You are responsible for the development of ETL processes, data structures and reporting capabilities and create short-term evaluations for various departments as needed.
You will benefit from an experienced team and will be competently briefed or adequately trained by your colleagues on all topics.
We do not leave you alone!
You have successfully completed a bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a mathematical, scientific or technical course of study with a focus on data processing.
Alternatively, you can also apply if you are already performing corresponding activities based on equivalent skills and many years of experience.
- You know the information technology fundamentals and organizational techniques of systems analysis and information systems modeling.
- You have a thorough knowledge of MS SQL Server (2014 and later) and can use the SSIS, SSAS and SSRS components to create and manage packages, cubes and reports.
- You are no stranger to implementing complex ETL processes.
- You have experience in database design (ideally data modeling with Data Vault) and also have very good T-SQL skills.
- Analytical, systematic and solution-oriented working methods are among your strengths.
- You enjoy working in a team and have a high service orientation when collaborating with other departments in the department.
- You are also interested in more advanced IT topics in the environment of the data warehouse (e.g. predictive analytics, GIS).
- Regular training is a matter of course for you.
- Since the area of responsibility is associated with high safety requirements, we require exemplary behavior, loyalty and a high sense of responsibility.
- German language skills at the language level B2 required.
- an interesting, varied, responsible and challenging job, with which you make an important contribution to the functioning of the Berlin police,
- the opportunity to help shape the future as part of a diverse and tolerant administration in a cosmopolitan city,
- Support during the induction by an experienced team,
- the opportunity to develop your personal and professional skills through individual and demand-oriented qualification and personnel development measures and thus open career opportunities for you,
- the compatibility of work, family and care through flexible working time arrangements (part-time employment, flexitime, home office, teleworking) within the scope of the service possibilities,
- 30 vacation days per year,
- a company health management with a variety of offers (eg free health checks, flu shots, sports activities, workshops),
- a monthly capital allowance of up to € 150.00 and / or a subsidy for the VBB company ticket / Germany job ticket.
- For newly acquired specialists of the state of Berlin is possible in justified individual cases, the payment of a temporary above-tariff allowance.
Notes on the application :
If this job posting has piqued your interest, please apply online by June 30, 2023. If you need assistance with this, please contact us at the phone number listed in the posting.
Please submit the following application materials with your application :
- Cover letter for application,
- Proof of graduation,
- Employment references / relevant certificates / advanced training certificates,
- If applicable, severely disabled ID card / equality certificate,
- if necessary, residence permit.
- The sending of a (passport) photo is not required.
The complete application documents must be submitted in German. Only applications with complete documents available can be considered.
For degrees obtained abroad, proof of recognition from the Minister of Education of the Conference (Central Office for Foreign Education) and a certified translation must be attached.
Further instructions for service personnel of the State of Berlin :
In the selection process, your current assessment or performance statement (preferably not older than 1 year) is to be considered.
Therefore, please take care of the preparation of a service assessment or performance statement in good time.
General Instructions :
Applications from women are expressly encouraged. They will be given preferential consideration in the event of equivalent qualifications (suitability, ability and professional performance).
Furthermore, applications from people with a migration history who meet the hiring requirements are welcome. Severely disabled persons and persons of equal status will be given preferential consideration in the case of equivalent qualifications (aptitude, ability and professional performance).
Interview costs (e.g. travel to the interview) cannot be reimbursed.
Point of contact for questions regarding job responsibilities :
Mr. Rieffenstahl, +49 30 4664-773412
Contact person for questions regarding the job posting :
Ms. Freier, Dir ZS Pers A 232, +49 30 4664-791232
Further information on the department issuing the invitation to tender at : www.polizei.berlin.de
or on the Berlin administration at : www.berlin.de / karriereportal.