It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come.
At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy : we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to meet the challenges with the energy of tomorrow and leave a green footprint join the team to create a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they are in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us a global team, with the safety of our colleagues as an essential part of our organization.
How to contribute to our vision
We are looking for a Firmware Design Engineer for our wind, solar and energy storage converters with good expertise in embedded designs.
- You will become part of a high-performance team responsible for the converter control firmware design for the renewable energy market.
- FW implementation in C language for power electronics converter control modules : control algorithms, communications, monitoring, alarms and so on.
- Low level firmware implantation for peripherals like I2C, SPI, CAN or ADC.
- Analyze the requirements documents.
- Write detailed specification, requirements, and firmware design documents.
- Verification of the changes implemented in the firmware.
- SW versions management using a version control tool.
- Participates in converter validation to ensure compliance with the design requirements in cooperation with the whole converter design team.
- Adheres to the quality process through the execution of test procedures.
- Cooperates with other engineering teams to support product testing and certifications.
- Cooperates with other teams in the company to support presales, commissioning, aftersales, etc.
- This position may require occasionally travel to location of the testing facilities and prototypes sites.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense of the importance of leading change. We are also looking...
- Deep knowledge of embedded systems.
- At least 3 years of experience in embedded firmware developments using C language.
- Experience in firmware design for DSPs and microcontrollers
- Real Time Operating Systems
- Control engineering basics (PIDs, frequency analysis, etc.).
- Electronic Instrumentation (oscilloscopes, multimeters, Signal Generators).
- Digital hardware design basics (understanding of electrical diagrams).
- Knowledge of digital signal processing.
- Experience in analysis, diagnosis and problem solving on complex systems and its commissioning
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- SW tools : Source Code Control (GITLAB)
- VHDL Programming
- Basic knowledge of power electronic converters and electrical machines (nice to have).
- Methodical and practical approach in solving problems
- Effective communication with co-workers and customers
- Team work
- Critical and logical thinking
In return of your commitment, we offer you
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability : Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more