Worldsensing products have been pioneering the industrial IoT since 2008. We’re looking for an outstanding Industrialization Engineer to join the Operations team in our Barcelona office.
Founded in 2008, Worldsensing works with more than 200 engineering service providers worldwide to help them improve geotechnical, geospatial and structural monitoring in mining, construction, rail and critical infrastructure management.
With over 1,000 networks deployed worldwide and connecting over 65,000 sensors to the Internet of Things, our Loadsensing product is the leader in the IoT remote monitoring space.
The Loadsensing monitoring solution includes best-in-class edge devices, LoRa-based wireless connectivity and a cloud-based connectivity management platform.
We also join forces with key industry players to offer software applications and solutions which engineering service providers use to add value to end customers.
The Mission :
The Industrialization Engineer mission is to lead definition, design and implement any automated test solution to be deployed in Operation’s Department as all document management.
As industrialization engineer you will provide a HW / SW / ME technical solution to ensure that devices produced in manufacturing are meeting the highest standards of quality.
Will take the role as Project Manager for these projects and will be reporting to Operations Manager.
To ensure the timely and cost-effective sourcing of external industrial suppliers to produce Worldsensing IoT devices, through strategic vendor management and cross-functional collaboration, in support of the company's growth and success.
- Lead Projects to improve Operations department performance.
- Develop and implement external industrialization suppliers’ strategies that align with company goals and objectives.
- Assure the reliability, the performance and automation of the Fixtures / EOL stations and manufacturing / assembly processes.
- Define and implement automation test to achieve as part of continuous improvement
- Relationship Management : to establish and maintain strong relationships with key vendors and suppliers, and to negotiate favorable terms and conditions to ensure reliable and consistent supplies.
- Participate in the new product development process, providing input on design for manufacturability and cost optimization.
- Identify, propose and implement changes to improve industrialization of products and procedures inside or related to the Operations department.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand product requirements and identify potential new manufacturing technologies to be included in Operation’s know how processes.
- Prioritize the security of the operators on his / her developments
- Troubleshooting current designs, define improvements or detect opportunities
- Document all Process change or requirement
- Engineering degree
- 5+ years of manufacturing / industrial processes design experience
- Solid automation skills
- Knowledge of SQL managing
- Automation PLC programming experience
- Electrical and electronics knowledge to understand and design HW needs
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Fluent English
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Experience in the electronics industry preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with contract law and terms and conditions
- Experience with ERP systems and integration platforms (API)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Relationship Management
- Communication and Collaboration
- Analytical Skills
- Open minded
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
Nice to have :
- Proven Project Management Skills in Manufacturing / Industrial environment
- Electronic component and market experience
- PCB Manufacturing process and market experience
- Electric component experience
- Injection and Mold market experience
- Metal manufacturing process market experience
- Assembly of goods process and market experience
- Knowledge of the ISO9001 / 14001 / 27001 Quality standards and APQP system
- Wireless communication test design experience
- Experience in SQL
- Multi Platform API Communication protocols
- Great work environment : we are a passionate, tight-knit team hailing from 20+ countries
- We are a family-friendly company and support a healthy work-life balance, we’re outcome oriented
- Work-from-home policy (flexibility)
- We like grabbing lunch or a drink together, and coming together for fun events organized by Worldsensing (COVID-permitting)
- We love to learn and we love to share so you will actively participate in our knowledge sharing initiatives or transversal committees (communities, show and tell, etc.)
- You can expect a competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping and pioneering the Industrial Internet
- Hybrid working environment
At Worldsensing, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.