Worldsensing products have been pioneering the industrial IoT since 2008. We’re looking for an outstanding Procurement Manager to join the Operations team in our Barcelona office.
Founded in 2008, Worldsensing works with more than 200 engineering service providers worldwide to help them improve geotechnical, geospatial and structural monitoring in mining, construction, rail and critical infrastructure management.
With over 1,000 networks deployed worldwide and connecting over 65,000 sensors to the Internet of Things, our Loadsensing product is the leader in the IoT remote monitoring space.
The Loadsensing monitoring solution includes best-in-class edge devices, LoRa-based wireless connectivity and a cloud-based connectivity management platform.
We also join forces with key industry players to offer software applications and solutions which engineering service providers use to add value to end customers.
We’re looking for an experienced, energetic Procurement Manager to join our Worldsensing team.
To ensure the timely and cost-effective sourcing of high-quality materials and components for the production of Worldsensing IoT devices, through strategic vendor management and cross-functional collaboration, in support of the company's growth and success.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies that align with company goals and objectives, including sourcing plans, vendor selection, and supplier management.
- Relationship Management : to establish and maintain strong relationships with key vendors and suppliers, and to negotiate favorable terms and conditions to ensure reliable and consistent supplies.
- Manage the supplier performance, identify risks, and develop / implement strategic buying plans to assure fulfillment of business objectives (develop, promote, globalize, replace or reduce supplier panel size), providing quantifiable achievements and monitorization of scores.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate supplier performance, working with vendors to improve quality, delivery, and cost.
- Identify, propose and implement changes to improve buying or procurement procedures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand product requirements and identify potential supply chain risks.
- Lead supplier communications for Engineering changes, minimizing cost impact, and coordinating timing and samples with Project and Operations Team.
- Work closely with our outsourced manufacturing partners to ensure the smooth flow of materials and components.
- Participate in the new product development process, providing input on design for manufacturability and cost optimization.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in procurement, sourcing, or supply chain management (purchasing of Electronics components is a must)
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Experience in the electronics industry preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with contract law and terms and conditions
- Experience with ERP systems and procurement software
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent English is sought.
- Relationship Management
- Communication and Collaboration
- Analytical Skills
- Open minded
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
Nice to have :
- Electronic component and market experience
- PCB Manufacturing process and market experience
- Electric component experience
- Injection and Mold market experience
- Metal manufacturing process market experience
- Knowledge of the IATF16949 Quality standards and APQP system
- Great work environment : we are a passionate, tight-knit team hailing from 20+ countries
- We are a family-friendly company and support a healthy work-life balance, we’re outcome oriented
- Work-from-home policy (flexibility)
- We like grabbing lunch or a drink together, and coming together for fun events organized by Worldsensing
- We love to learn and we love to share so you will actively participate in our knowledge sharing initiatives or transversal committees (communities, show and tell, etc.)
- You can expect a competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping and pioneering the Industrial Internet
- Hybrid working environment
At Worldsensing, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.