At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose : to make the world a safer, more secure, and sustainable place.
Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion, and excellence.
UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change.
Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What you’ll learn & achieve :
Under direct supervision, you will support the analysis, development, modification, testing and maintenance of operating systems software.
Supports business leadership and senior development professionals in the analysis of software and hardware system needs, options, risks, costs, and impact on business processes and goals.
Evaluates supplied software products and applications. Independently analyzes and isolates the application issues and performs problem resolution.
- Analyzes system requirements, preparing specifications, designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting. Implements complex requirements for multiple platforms, operating systems, and applications.
- Resolves problems by devising or modifying procedures. Considers equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results when developing resolutions.
- Supports the identification of system requirements by interviewing users, interviewing and selecting vendors (if applicable), analyzing applications, evaluating existing and proposed systems, and recommending solutions.
- Independently analyzes and isolates application issues and performs problem resolution.
- Monitors progress of software-based projects by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
- Improves systems performance by investigating problems, developing specifications, identifying trends in technology, and recommending solutions.
- Assists with formulating and defining specifications for software programming applications and modifies existing applications.
What makes you a great fit :
- University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline plus generally four years of directly related experience.
- Advanced technical knowledge of EMV applications and software development experience.
- Advanced working knowledge in software applications or specific program language requirements of software work.
- Payments industry experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills
- Some experience with low-level programming
- Ability to work from technical specifications
- Proficient in English, both written and oral
What you’ll experience working at UL :
- Mission : Shape the way we approach and deliver our solutions to promote a secure and more sustainable world
- People : Work with colleagues, who listen to, learn from and challenge each other so that you can continually push for excellence and results
- Interesting work : Your work at UL will challenge you to try fresh approaches, work autonomously, drive change and help you gain in-depth experience in your field
- Grow & achieve : Growth and development are part of our DNA. Grow & achieve with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as your very own UL University.